Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people age 65 and older, certain younger people with disabilities, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD). It includes four different parts:
What are the different parts of Medicare?
- Learn how Medicare works
- Sign up for Medicare (Parts A and B)
- What do Medicare Parts A and B cost and cover?
- Prescription drug coverage (Part D)
- Medigap (Medicare Supplement) plans
- Medicare Advantage plans (Part C)
- New Medicare cards are coming
- Get free unbiased Medicare counseling in your area
- Need help paying for Medicare?
- Get help paying for prescription drugs
- Options for people with disabilities
- Appeal a Medicare coverage or payment decision
- How to identify and report Medicare fraud and abuse