We protect consumers, the public interest and our state’s economy. We do so by providing fair and efficient regulation of the insurance industry through:
- Expedite effective enforcement of agency actions.
- Promote compliance through clear and consistent interpretation of the law.
- Assist with legislative agenda.
- Respond promptly and meaningfully to public, industry and government inquiries.
- Participate effectively in agency policy development.
- Develop efficient procedures to support our agency's infrastructures.
Our investigations staff protects Washington consumers by investigating complaints against the following:
- Insurance licensees.
- Unlicensed entities.
- Unauthorized entities.
If a violation of Title 48 RCW (leg.wa.gov) or Title 284 WAC (leg.wa.gov) occurs, we refer the case to our attorneys. We take action by imposing fines, suspending or revoking a license. Under very rare circumstances, we may order a reimbursement payment.