We protect consumers, the public interest and our state’s economy by providing fair and efficient regulation of the insurance industry through:
- Expedite effective enforcement of agency actions,
- Promote compliance through clear and consistent interpretation of the law,
- Assist with legislative agenda,
- Respond promptly and meaningfully to public, industry and government inquiries,
- Participate effectively in agency policy development, and
- Develop efficient procedures to support OIC infrastructures.
Our investigations staff protects Washington consumers by investigating complaints against the following:
- Insurance licensees,
- Unlicensed entities, and
- Unauthorized entities.
If a violation of Title 48 RCW or Title 284 WAC (leg.wa.gov) occurs, we refer the case to our attorneys. We take action by imposing fines, suspending or revoking a license. Under very rare circumstances, we may order a reimbursement payment.