For Producers

Change or correct your individual-licensee name, DBA, address and other information

Updating an email or postal address

For street-address changes, log into your account and select "Change Address."

For email-address changes, log into your account and select "Change Address." Be sure to update the email address listed in the “Mailing Address” section.

If you need your email address updated in order to receive a new password for logging in, call, fax or email our Producer Licensing and Oversight division.  Our contact information is listed at the bottom of this page in the "Need More Help?" area.

Name change

Log into your account and select "Change Name." There is no fee. Designations or titles (like PhD or CLU) cannot be added to your license. You will need to provide one of the following documents that displays your new name:

  • Certificate of marriage issued by a county court (certificates from churches or chapels, drivers licenses or passports are not acceptable)
  • Court order
  • Divorce decree
  • Social Security card

Name change applications are generally processed within five days of receipt and you'll be notified via your registered email address.

Adding a DBA

1. Register your DBA with the Department of Revenue, Business Licensing Service. You must register a trade name for:

A sole proprietor or partnership using a name other than the full legal name of the owner or owners.

A corporation, limited partnership or limited liability company operating under a name other than the name registered with the Office of the Secretary of State.

A corporation, LLC or a registered trade name of a Corporation or LLC cannot be added to an individual license as an individual DBA.

2. Log into your account and select "Change DBA." There is a $5 fee.

3. Provide a copy of an approved registration from the Department of Revenue, Business Licensing Service.

Correcting a name, date of birth or Social Security number

Contact Producer Licensing and Oversight via our secure e-form and we'll help you make sure it's correct.