Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
Washington state's SHIBA provides free, unbiased and confidential help with Medicare to people of all ages and backgrounds. Our volunteer advisors, located around the state, can help you:
- Assess your health care coverage needs.
- Determine your general eligibility for health care coverage programs.
- Evaluate and compare Medicare plans and programs.
- Provide enrollment help with Medicare.
- Speak with 1-800 Medicare on your behalf.
- Make referrals to other agencies and programs.
- Collect and report possible Medicare fraud complaints.
Talk to a volunteer advisor
Our volunteer advisors are trained to give you the latest Medicare and health care coverage information.
- Find a volunteer in your area.
- Call 800-562-6900; TDD: 360-586-0241.
- Contact the Washington state SHIBA program.
- See if there's a Medicare event in your area.