For Producers

Surplus line broker - individual resident

A surplus line broker sells insurance products for insurance carriers that are not admitted in Washington state. See RCW 48.15.070 (

You can also review the fees for your license category.

To obtain a surplus line license:

  1. Schedule and pass your exam (, and.
  2. Apply for your license online.

Have your exam score report ready; you'll need to attach it electronically or mail it in.

Surplus line policy data must be submitted to the Surplus Line Association of Washington on a monthly basis:

1. Become a member of the Surplus Line Association of Washington (

2. Submit surplus line policy data to the Surplus Line Association of Washington (