A surplus line broker sells insurance products for insurance carriers that are not admitted in Washington state. See RCW 48.15.070 (leg.wa.gov).
You can also review the fees for your license category.
To obtain a surplus line license:
- Hold an active producer license with the property and casualty lines of authority,
- Schedule and pass your exam (www.psiexams.com), and.
- Apply for your license online.
Have your exam score report ready; you'll need to attach it electronically or mail it in.
Surplus line policy data must be submitted to the Surplus Line Association of Washington on a monthly basis:
1. Become a member of the Surplus Line Association of Washington (www.surpluslines.org).
2. Submit surplus line policy data to the Surplus Line Association of Washington (www.surpluslines.org).