Depending on your needs, below you'll find a listing of various health care-related resources:
State of Washington
- Public Employees Benefits Board (www.pebb.hca.wa.gov) - Coordinates health insurance benefits for eligible public employees and retirees.
- Washington Apple Health (www.hca.wa.gov) - Medicaid for children and adults under age 65.
- Washington State Health Care Authority (www.hca.wa.gov) - The state agency that manages Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) and the PEBB program.
- Washington State Health Insurance Pool (www.wship.org) - Offers Medicare plans for qualified people enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B.
U.S. federal government
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov) - Identifies, researches and educates the public about health threats in the U.S. and around the world.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (www.cms.gov) - Administers Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Programs (CHIP).
- Department of Health And Human Services (www.hhs.gov) - Protects the health of Americans and provides essential human services, especially for people least able to help themselves.
- healthfinder® (www.healthfinder.gov) - Find reliable health-related organizations.
- Internal Revenue Service (www.irs.gov) - Find out about tax deductions for medical expenses.
- Medicare (www.medicare.gov) - Health insurance for people age 65 and older and for people under age 65 who are deemed disabled.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) (www.nih.gov) - Information about preventing, diagnosing and treating disease and disability.
- U.S. Department of Labor (www.dol.gov) - Regulates self-insured health plans.
- Aged, blind or disabled (Apple Health) (www.hca.wa.gov) - Provides health care coverage and helps pay for Medicare premiums and medical expenses for people age 65 and older, blind, or disabled and who meet income and resource requirements.
- Aging and Long-Term Support Administration (ALTSA) (www.dshs.wa.gov) - Serves adults with chronic illnesses or conditions and people of all ages with developmental disabilities
- ALTSA Community Services Resource Directory (www.dshs.wa.gov) - Covers senior information and assistance, home and community services, family caregiver support, area agency on aging, long-term care ombudsmen, and adult protective services.
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (www.cms.gov) - Administers Medicare.
- NW Seniors Online (www.scn.org) - A resource for older residents living in the Puget Sound area.
- Qualis Health (www.qualishealthmedicine.org) - A Medicare quality improvement organization that helps consumers who have quality-of-care complaints, or need help with certain appeals.