For Producers

Surplus line broker - business entity resident

A surplus line broker may sell insurance products for insurance carriers that are not admitted in Washington state. See RCW 48.15.070 (

You can also review the fees for your license category.

To obtain a surplus line license:

  1. Hold a producer license with the property and casualty lines of authority.
  2. Apply for your surplus line license online.

Surplus line policy data must be submitted to the Surplus Line Association each month:

1. Become a member of the Surplus Line Association of Washington (

2. Submit surplus line policy data to the Surplus Line Association of Washington (