For Producers

Adding and changing lines of authority - business entity

If the license is within 90 days of the expiration date, it must be renewed before you can add any additional lines of authority.

To add additional full lines to your producer license

You can add lines of authority to your producer license if you're adding an additional full line (life, disability, property, casualty or personal line) to an existing full-line license. You can also add variable or travel to an existing license. There is no fee for adding additional lines to a license.

Log into your account and select "Add Other Line(s)."

Residents - Your business entity producer lines of authority should have at least one line of authority with the designated responsible licensed person (DRLP) on record.

Non-residents – Make sure we can verify your home-state lines of authority via the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) for both individual and business entity producer licenses.

You can't downgrade or upgrade your license online.

To add variable to a license

Log into your account and select "Add Variable Line."

You will need to provide your Central Registration Depository (CRD) number. A CRD number is assigned to you when you receive your securities registration. You can look up CRD numbers on the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) website (

Note: You may not use an individual CRD number to add the variable line to a business entity license.

To add travel to a license

Log into your account and select "Add Other Line(s)."

Note: To be a DRLP for a business entity licensed for travel, you must have travel on your individual license.