For Consumers

What if I can't find auto coverage?

"Because of all your terrific help, we have been reinstated with our insurance company and will be paying a fraction of the cost that we would be paying elsewhere."
~ M.M.
woman testimonial

There are various reasons why people have trouble getting auto insurance. In Washington state, all drivers must have insurance (

We recommend you call a number of insurance agents to find one that might be able to offer you coverage.

Automobile Insurance Plan

  • If your driving record keeps you from getting auto coverage and you can't locate an agent to offer you coverage, then you - or the agent on your behalf - can contact the Automobile Insurance Plan (
  • This plan, created by the Washington state Legislature, must offer auto insurance coverage to hard-to-insure drivers who can't get coverage. 

The state may require you to prove you have insurance