For Producers

Title agent - business entity non-resident

A title agent license is required for any business entity that sells, solicits or negotiates insurance on behalf of a title insurance company. See RCW 48.17.010.

A non-resident title agent must be licensed in its home state and maintain an established place of business there. It must own or lease and maintain a title plant for each and every county in Washington state in which it will be issuing policies.

Individual licenses for the employees of a licensed title agent are not required. See RCW 48.29.170.

Apply for the license online.

Tip: Be sure to have your Bond or Guarantee information and your Declaration form (PDF, 349KB) ready. You may attach them electronically or mail them in.