For Producers

Managing general agents (MGA) and third-party administrators (TPA)

Managing general agents

The OIC does not offer MGA licenses. To be designated as an MGA you must:

  1. Hold a producer license.
  2. Have an insurer use our online services to appoint you as an MGA and pay the $200 fee.

Third-party administrators

The OIC does not issue a TPA license, but depending on how you adjust claims, you may need to obtain an adjuster license. Find out more about adjuster license definitions and requirements (