What is the Consumer Complaint Center?
The Consumer Complaint Center, offered by the Washington state Office of the Insurance Commissioner, is a secure, password-protected tool you can use to:
- File a complaint about your insurance company
- Track the status of your case
- Electronically upload documents that may help your case
- Print, view, and save information about your case
What do I need to have ready?
- Your contact information
- The name of the insured person and any information that identifies them (if it’s someone other than yourself)
- If another party is involved, any information that identifies them
- The insurance company information, including the policy and/or claim number, if available
- Documents you’d like to upload to support your complaint
Is the password case-sensitive?
Yes, you’ll need to type it exactly the way it appears in your confirmation email.
What if I don’t know the “Insured’s” name?
Just complete the information you do have or leave it blank if you don’t know.
Which insurance company name do I enter?
Enter the actual name of the insurance company you’re having a problem with as it appears on the policy or claim paperwork.
How long do I have to complete the form?
Even though each step in the complaint form takes only about five minutes to complete, you’ll have 45 minutes for each step before the system times out. If you take longer than this on any individual step, you’ll lose the information you’ve entered and will need to start over.
What if the screen indicates my session timed out or that I'm already logged in?
If you don't log out before you exit the browser or you take more than 45 minutes on a step without activity, you may receive an error the next time you log in. Please follow the instructions in the error message to access your complaint(s).
How do I send supporting documents?
After you complete the complaint form, you can:
- Upload documents
- Fax documents to 360-586-2018 (be sure to include your case number).
- Mail documents (with your case number) to:
Washington state Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Olympia, WA 98504
What document types are accepted?
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- Open Office Calc (.ods)
- Open Office Writer (.odt)
- Pictures (.jpg, .gif, .tiff, .png)
- Plain text (.txt)
Which Internet browser is required?
For optimal experience on this website, use a modern browser. For example, Internet Explorer prior to IE 7 is not compatible.
What if I haven’t received a confirmation email from your office?
Check your spam filter and make sure it's not blocking emails from the Office of the Insurance Commissioner.