In 2016, we:
- Received and processed 7,915 consumer complaints, resulting in recovery of $11,281,114 related to insurance billings, refunds and various claim-handling issues.
- Answered 67,405 calls to our consumer hotline regarding insurance issues, rights and responsibilities.
- Responded to 5,449 written consumer inquiries.
- Mailed 1,905 insurance-related publications to consumers upon their request.
- Helped consumers resolve various policy issues, including claims, billing, and underwriting problems, and offered referral services to other state agencies and organizations, including the Washington Health Benefit Exchange.