If you're searching for help and support with a specific condition, consider these resources:
- ALS Association Evergreen Chapter (www.alsa.org) - Supports people living with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease) and their loved ones through services and education.
- American Cancer Society (www.cancer.org) - Offers some financial and support services. Contact your local group or to find your local group, Washington 2-1-1 provides contact information for local groups via the web or by calling 2-1-1 (win211.org).
- Apple Health for Workers with Disabilities (HWD) program (www.hca.wa.gov) - Helps working people with disabilities age 16 through 64 buy health care coverage.
- Autism Speaks (www.autismspeaks.org) - Promotes solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of people with autism and their families.
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (www.doh.wa.gov) - Provides free breast-, cervical- and colon-cancer screenings to low-income people in Washington state.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) (https://coronavirus.wa.gov) - Provides a variety of resources to call, find publications in 10 languages or stay current on Washington’s response to coronavirus.
- Counseling Washington (www.counselingwashington.com) - Provides information about financial assistance for mental health and addiction.
- Evergreen Health Insurance Program (www.ehip.org) - Helps you pay your insurance premiums if you have AIDS.
- HIV Care - Client Services (www.doh.wa.gov) - Provides programs to help people with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) get medical and supportive care services.
- Kidney Disease Program (www.hca.wa.gov) - KDP is a state-funded program that helps low-income, eligible clients with treatment costs for end-stage renal disease.
- Multiple Sclerosis Society (www.nationalmssociety.org) - Offer some financial and support services. Contact your local group or to find your local group, Washington 2-1-1 provides contact information for local groups via the web or by calling 2-1-1 (win211.org).
- Parkinson's Disease (www.panfoundation.org) - Offers financial assistance for patient's living with Parkinson's Disease.
- Prostate Cancer (zerocancer.org) - ZERO360 offers free,comprehensive support for prostate cancer patients.
Other resources to consider
- Community Living Connections (www.washingtoncommunitylivingconnections.org) - Helps people of all ages, disabilities and income levels, their caregivers, legal representatives and families get the right home and community-based supports and services at the right time, in the right place.
- Hospital Charity Care programs (www.wsha.org) - Offers patients help with covering hospital costs.
- Social Security Disability Benefits (www.ssa.gov) - Disability benefits Social Security pays to people who can't work due to a medical condition expected to last at least one year or longer.