For Producers

Premium finance companies - business entity resident

A premium finance licensee engages in the business of entering into insurance premium finance agreements. See RCW 48.56.020.

Application requirements

Apply for the license online.

Each authorized individual must complete a uniform application for an individual insurance producer license. This must be attached to your online application.  Submit a request for the form.

If the authorized individual is not already licensed, they also need to submit a fingerprint card.

Corporations or LLCs must send a copy of their articles of incorporation or formation.

Firms must file their trade name with the Business Licensing Service. A firm includes a partnership or sole proprietorship.

Special instructions for the uniform application

For individual applications

At the top of the "Jurisdiction and Type of License Request" page there is a key for abbreviations in the grid.

Just below these abbreviations, there are categories for License Type, Major Lines of Authority and Limited Lines of Authority.

  1. Find the WA grid line in the "Jurisdiction" column.
  2. In the "limited Lines of Authority" section, on the WA grid line, please write "Premium Finance" in the "Other" column.
  3. If you are not a citizen of the United States (Question 15 on your application), you must show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. in order to obtain an insurance license. A copy of your Resident Alien card will meet this requirement. Visit the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services website for details.

Fee schedule

  • License fee: $100
  • Fingerprint processing fee: $71.25 (if applicable)
  • Filing fee: $5