For Producers

Business-entity licensees - complying with other Washington state agencies

If you’re obtaining an insurance license for your business entity, anticipate interacting with more than one state agency in order to comply with Washington state statutes.

The Office of the Insurance Commissioner’s Producer Licensing and Oversight division can’t answer questions about other agencies’ compliance requirements, so make sure you contact them about their regulations. Find more information in Washington’s Small Business Guide (

Starting an insurance agency?

You may need to file or register with:

If your insurance agency is hiring employees

There may be federal- or state-employment applications required by:

Tax and wage reports

Find out if quarterly tax and wage reports are required by: