Think about the size of your business
Depending on the size of your business, you can:
- Add an endorsement or rider (extra coverage) to your homeowner policy.
- Buy business insurance (also called commercial general liability insurance).
Consider your coverage options
- Property coverage protects the buildings, inventory and equipment where you operate your business.
- Property coverage protects your inventory and equipment if you lease the building space (the landlord is responsible for covering the building).
- Liability coverage, if someone gets hurt or property damage occurs.
- Business-interruption coverage, if a loss forces you to close your business.
- Commercial auto coverage on the vehicles you use for your business.
- Umbrella or excess liability policies step in after a large loss and extend your liability coverage, giving you an added layer of protection.
- Employee health insurance for you and any employees.
- Life insurance protects you and/or your business operators.