For Consumers

Other places to go for help

If we're unable to help you with your insurance issue, the following agencies may be able to help you:

Health-insurance related

Other health insurance-related resource help
If it involves:Contact:
Washington Healthplanfinder (the Exchange)

Washington Healthplanfinder (

Appeals: 855-859-2512 or email:
File online complaint (

Medicare Part A or B, Medicare Part D drug plan, or a Medicare Advantage plan

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (
1-800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227)

Workers’ compensation claim

Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (

Federal employee health or life insurance plan or Multi-State Plan Program


U.S. Office of Personnel Management (

Complaint against a health care provider

Washington State Department of Health (

Health insurance policy you bought in another state

That state's insurance commissioner’s office (

Washington Apple Health (for kids and adults)

Apple Health (
Medicaid questions:

Eligibility determination: 855-623-9357

Uniform Medical Plan

Uniform Medical Plan (

Self-funded employee health plan or
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) plan

U.S. Department of Labor (

Non-federal government plan

Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) (
888-393-2789 or

Auto-insurance related

Other auto-insurance related resource help
If it involves:Contact:

Hard-to-insure drivers who can't find auto coverage - ask an insurance agent about the Automobile Insurance Plan

Automobile Insurance Plan (

Mandatory auto insurance ( requirements, proof of auto liability insurance, filing SR22s and vehicle titles

Washington State Dept. of Licensing (

Certificate of Proof of Financial Responsibility

Washington State Dept. of Licensing (

Home- or business-insurance related

Other home or business-insurance related resource help
If it involves:Contact:

Flood insurance for home and commercial coverage (including complaints and filing claims)

National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) (

Washington State Fair Plan for people who can't find homeowner or commercial property insurance up to $1.5 million

Washington Fair Plan (


Other miscellaneous resources
If it involves:Contact:

Foreclosure, identity fraud or issues involving Washington state banks, credit unions, mortgage brokers and payday lenders

Washington State Dept. of Financial Institutions (

Issues about a business that affects interstate commerce

Federal Trade Commission (FTC) (
877-382-4357, Seattle: 206-225-6350

Issues about non-insurance Washington state businesses

Washington State Office of the Attorney General (