For Producers

Specialty producer - portable electronics - business entity resident

Licensed specialty producer agents are allowed to sell insurance covering communications equipment to individuals, groups or corporations. See RCW 48.120.005 (

Apply online for the license ( and submit all the items below.

Required materials

Please send us:

  • List of locations that intend to offer communications equipment insurance
  • Copies of available brochures or other written materials where communication equipment insurance is sold
  • Copies of training-and-education-program materials
  • Documents certifying that the policy or certificate of coverage and rates have been approved by us

For corporations and LLCs

Send a copy of your articles of incorporation or formation.

If you are a resident, you must also submit a Certificate of Good Standing from the Washington Secretary of State (

For firms

Please submit a copy of your registration with the Business Licensing Service (

Note: A firm includes a partnership or sole proprietorship.

Fee schedule

License fee: $500