About SHIBA services
Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
Washington state's SHIBA provides free, unbiased and confidential help with Medicare and health care choices to people of all ages and backgrounds. Our volunteer advisors, located around the state, can help you:
- Assess health care coverage needs
- Determine general eligibility for health care coverage programs
- Evaluate and compare health insurance plans and programs
- Provide enrollment help with Medicare
- Speak with 1-800 Medicare on clients' behalf
- Make referrals to other agencies and programs
- Collect and report possible fraud complaints
Talk to a volunteer advisor
Our volunteer advisors are trained to give you the latest Medicare and health care coverage information.
- Find a volunteer in your area
- Call 800-562-6900, TDD: 360-586-0241
- Email SHIBA
- See if there's a Medicare event in your area (www.calendarwiz.com).
Video: What is SHIBA?