For Producers

You're moving to Washington state

When you have a resident license from another state and are moving to Washington state

Pre-license education (PLE) and exam requirements must be completed by anyone who wants a resident license, unless you had or have a resident license in another state before you move to Washington state.

The PLE and exams can be waived if you complete the following within 90 days of your move:

  1. Get your e-fingerprints.
  2. Cancel your previous home state license.
  3. If you have a letter of clearance from your previous state, please attach to your application.
  4. Apply for your resident Washington state license online (including paying new license fees).

If we receive an application, but it has been more than 90 days since your previous resident license was cancelled, you will not qualify for the PLE and exam waiver. You'll have to complete Washington state PLE and pass Washington state exam(s) before you apply for your resident license.

When you have a resident license from another state, a Washington state non-resident license and are moving to Washington

Follow the steps listed above, but call us before you apply online. We will need to modify your license record internally before our online system will allow you to list a new resident state on your online application.