What personal injury protection (PIP) doesn't cover
It doesn’t cover injuries caused by using:
- Farm equipment,
- Recreational or off-road vehicles,
- Mopeds, and
- Motorcycles (PIP coverage may be available on motorcycle policies and is very expensive).
It doesn't cover services that your insurance company decides are not:
- Related to the accident, or
- Incurred within three years of the auto accident.
It also doesn’t cover:
- Intentional injuries caused by the insured person,
- The insured person if they're injured in organized racing activities, or
- An insured person while they commit a felony.