There are several reasons why you may want to change or cancel your policy, such as finding cheaper rates or maybe you sold your car and no longer need auto insurance. It’s important to avoid any gaps in coverage - as gaps can lead to higher rates. Whatever your reason, here are some suggestions to ensure things go smoothly:
- Ask your agent or insurance company about their cancellation policy.
- Read your auto policy’s cancellation terms.
- Find out if there are any cancellation fees.
- Make sure you have a replacement policy in place before you cancel your existing policy.
- Call your agent and notify them.
- Follow up with a letter to the company or agent.