Deborah Senn (D)
1993 to 2001
- Born in 1949 in Chicago, Illinois.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Illinois.
- Law degree from Loyola University.
- Practiced regulatory law.
- Counsel to House and Senate Committees.
- Lobbyist and Governmental Relations.
- Currently practicing law in Seattle.
Richard Marquardt (R)
1977 to 1993
- Born in 1922 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. Died in 2012 in Seattle, Washington.
- University of Washington graduate.
- Served in the Army during World War II.
- Worked as fuel-oil business executive.
- Appointed by Gov. Evans to head state selective service system.
- Senator from King County District 45 for one term (1967).
Karl Herrmann (D)
1969 to 1977
- Born in 1915 in Granite Falls, Washington. Died in 1997 in Tacoma, Washington.
- Spokane attorney.
- Three terms as senator representing Spokane.
- Chaired Senate Insurance Committee.
Lee Kueckelhan (D)
1961 to 1969
- Born in 1899 in Blackwater, Missouri. Died in 1983 in Pierce County.
- Was Commissioner Sullivan's chief deputy for 17 years.
- President of the NAIC (1963 and 1964)
William A. Sullivan (D)
1933 to 1961
- Born: 1885 in Baltimore, Ireland. Died in 1968 in Seattle, Washington.
- Retirement board chair (1947).
- President of NAIC (1936).
- Seven terms as insurance commissioner.
H. O. Fishback (R)
1913 to 1933
- Born: 1859 in Rochester, Minnesota. Died in 1933 in Adna, Washington.
- Assistant city treasurer for the city of Tacoma.
- One term as senator from Lewis County (1909).
- President of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) in 1924.
- Five terms as insurance commissioner.
John H. Shively (R)
1909 to 1913
- Born in 1859. Died in 1914 in Chelan County.
- Legislator from Whatcom County, one term (1895).
- Chair, Republican State Central Committee (1898 and 1900).
- Originally appointed to the position of insurance commissioner by Secretary of State Samuel Nichols.
- Once position became an elected office, he ran and won.
- Impeachment proceedings brought against him in June 1909. Found not guilty.