June 21, 2019
OLYMPIA, Wash. – Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler disciplined and issued fines in May totaling $164,735 against insurance companies, agents and others who violated state insurance regulations.
Citizens Insurance Company of America, Howell, Mich.; fined $75,000, order 19-0137
The company charged incorrect rates on 135 policies and filed incorrect endorsement forms on seven policies.
Mutual of Omaha Insurance Co., Omaha, Neb.; fined $12,000, order 19-0117
The company awarded trips to 17 producers in 2016 and 2017 totaling $98,400 for meeting target sales of Medicare supplement and life insurance policies. Washington state law prohibits insurance companies from this practice.
PEMCO Mutual Insurance Co., Seattle; fined $10,000, order 19-0141
The company changed policies mid-term without giving the policyholders 45 days written notice, as required by state law, in 412 instances. At the time, the change was also not permitted by the company’s insurance contract filings with the insurance commissioner.
- Premera Blue Cross, Mountlake Terrace, Wash.; fined $5,000, order 19-0211
- Sentry Insurance, Stevens Point, Wisc.; fined $3,000, order 19-0230
- Nationwide Life Insurance Co., Columbus, Ohio; fined $2,500, order 19-0163
- RepWest Insurance Co., Phoenix, AZ; fined $2,000, order 19-0242
- Public Service Insurance Co., Chicago; suspension rescinded, order 19-0176
Agents and brokers
- Custom Contractors Insurance LLC, Phoenix; fined $15,000, order 19-0133
- Robert Tripple and Tripple, Tripple & Tripple LLC, Edmonds, Wash.; fined $2,000 and placed on probation, order 19-0174
- Timothy Allred, Cottonwood, Ariz.; fined $2,500, order 19-0132
- Michael Hummel and Hummel Agency, Inc.; Yakima, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0248
- Philip Moyles, Jr., Rye, NY; fined $250, order 19-0177
- Ben Wells, Fairhaven, Mass.; fined $250, order 19-0108
- Jose Gomez, Lombard, Ill.; fined $250, order 19-0161
- Janet Beaver, Los Angeles; fined $500, order 19-0206
- Shalini Patel, Vero Beach, Fla.; fined $500, order 19-0215
- Landan Dollar, Norcross, Ga.; fined $750, order 19-0214
- Steven Haase and INSUREtrust.com LLC, Norcross, Ga.; fined $1,500, order 19-0213
- Ehealthinsurance Services, Inc., Gold River, Calif.; ordered to cease and desist, order 19-0221
- Cynthia Sailor, Englewood, Colo.; license suspended, order 19-0118
- Ashley Parker, Willoughby Hills, Ohio; license suspended, order 19-0119
- Justin Coe, Hilliard, Ohio; license suspended, order 19-0120
- David Martinez, Warren, Ohio; license suspended, 19-0121
- Natalie Miller, Madison, Wisc.; license revoked, order 19-0122
- Adrian Epps, Richmond, Va.; license revoked, order 19-0124
- Carla McBeth, Houston; license revoked, order 19-0135
- Angelyne Palowitz, Harker Heights, Texas; license revoked; order 19-0136
- Somning Pheth, Fife, Wash.; license revoked, order 19-0148
- E. Herbert Hafen, New Canaan, Conn.; license revoked, order 19-0149
- Robert Basile, Chino, Calif.; license revoked, order 19-0150
- Brittany Humphrey, Fredericksburg, Va.; license revoked, order 19-0178
- John Lord, North Charleston, S.C.; license revoked, order 19-0179
- Joseph Vosberg, Tuscon, Ariz.; license revoked, order 19-0198
- Scott Dolven, Waukesh, Wisc.; license revoked, order 19-0199
- Samir Jones, Bedord, Texas; license revoked, order 19-0200
- Blake Kelley, Scottsdale, Ariz.; license revoked, order 19-0201
- George Kengle, Springfield, Ore.; license revoked, order 19-0205
- Kyle Stewart, Bush Prairie, Wash.; license revoked, order 19-0232
- Anthony LaManna, North Royalton, Ohio; license revoked, order 19-0235
- Joseph Key, Philadelphia; license revoked, order 19-0236
- Angelique Gross, San Antonio, Texas; license revoked, order 19-0237
- Fred Felder, Wesley Chapel, Fla.; license revoked, order 19-0238
- Aviation Markets, Inc., Chicago; license revoked, order 19-0246
- Serena Rae Goldin, North Lauderdale, Fla.; revocation rescinded, order 19-0247
- LoneRock Capital Partners LLC and Desiderio Ramos, Madison, Wisc.; licenses revoked, order 19-0076
- Michael J. Bigger and E-Risk Services LLC, Flanders, N.J.; fined $10,000 and ordered to cease and desist, orders 19-0219 and 19-0220
MetroTech Chemicals, Inc., Charlotte, N.C.; fined $20,000, order 19-0142
The company illegally sold 707 product warranties to Washington consumers in 2017 and 2018 and collected more than $1 million. The company owes nearly $24,000 in premium taxes, penalties and interest to the state of Washington based on its sales.
- Church of the Nazarene Foundation, Belton, Mo.; fined $735, order 19-0267
- Title Guaranty Co. of Lewis County, Chehalis, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0185
- Jefferson Title Co., Port Townsend, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0192
- First American Title Co. of Jefferson County, Port Townsend, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0194
- Fidelity Title Company, Yakima, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0195
About the Office
Kreidler’s office oversees Washington’s insurance industry to ensure that companies, agents and brokers follow state laws. Since 2001, Kreidler has assessed more than $27 million in fines, which are deposited in the state's general fund to pay for state services.
The Office of the Insurance Commissioner publishes disciplinary orders against companies, agents and brokers.
For an insurance question or complaint, contact Kreidler’s consumer advocates online or by phone at 800-562-6900.