July 23, 2019
OLYMPIA, Wash. – Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler disciplined and issued fines in July totaling $724,000 against insurance companies, agents and brokers who violated state insurance regulations.
Molina Healthcare of Washington, Inc., Seattle; fined $600,000, order 19-0240
The health insurance company committed a number of violations involving provider networks, claims handling, consumer appeals and responding to Kreidler’s office. Kreidler suspended $200,000 of the fine as long as the company completes a compliance plan to correct the violations.
Preferred Contractors Insurance Risk Retention Group LLC, Billings, Mont.; fined $35,000, order 19-0270
The company accepted policy applications from an unlicensed producer and an unlicensed entity.
State Farm Fire & Casualty Co., Bloomington, Ill.; fined $20,000, order 19-0239
The company failed to attach a required endorsement to its commercial farm and ranch policies.
National Casualty Co., Columbus, Ohio; fined $20,000, order 19-0212
The company failed to use its correct legal name on more than half of its forms. Kreidler suspended $10,000 of the fine as long as the company reports that it has corrected all of its forms.
Employers Mutual Casualty Co., Des Moines, Iowa; fined $4,000, order 19-0243
The company failed to properly appoint producers and agencies and allowed unlicensed producers to process insurance transactions.
Agents and brokers
The following insurance producers were disciplined for violating state laws and rules:
- Golden Memorial Insurance Services, Inc., Hollister, Calif.; fined $20,000, order 19-0170
- Paul Koethke, Moses Lake, Wash.; fined $1,000, order 19-0257
- Ray Barragan and JR Barragan, Inc., Chowchilla, Calif.; fined $500, order 19-0171
- Tayoun Hawkins, Temple Terrace, Fla.; fined $250, order 19-0203
- Insgroup, Inc., Houston; fined $250, order 19-0204
- Denzel Eley Williams, Blue Bell, Pa.; fined $250, order 19-0208
- Terry Ann Dawkins, Norristown, Pa.; fined $250, order 19-0233
- Teresa Sophia Zabierowski, Philadelphia; fined $250, order 19-0234
- Chung Min Han, Lynnwood, Wash; fined $250, order 19-0265
- Crystal Weldon, Lake Stevens, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0278
- Matthew Engelbrecht, Olympia, Wash.; license revoked, order 19-0302
- Green Light Insurance LLC, Puyallup, Wash.; license revoked, order 19-0260
- Chelsea Moriarty, Murfreesboro, Tenn.; license revoked, order 19-0261
- Ann J. Hoeke, Oakely, Calif.; license revoked, order 19-0262
- John Meyer, Napa, Calif.; license revoked, order 19-0263
- Regina Hall, Philadelphia; license revoked, order 19-0264
- Alexandra Harper, Roseville, Calif.; license revoked, order 19-0256
- Stacey Rauenhorst, Lincoln, Neb.; license revoked, order 19-0271
- Heather Lee, Kannapolis, N.C.; relinquished license, order 19-0207
- Jeff Graham, Puyallup, Wash.; revocation rescinded and will not renew license for five years, order 19-0288
- Buddy’s Home Furnishings, Orlando; ordered to cease and desist and fined $10,000, order 19-0217
- E-Risk Services LLC and Michael Bigger, Flanders, N.J.; ordered to cease and desist and fined $10,000, order 19-0219 and order 19-0220
- Pacific Alliance Title Co., Yakima, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0187
- Olympic Peninsula Title Co., Port Angeles, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0190
- Guardian Northwest Title & Escrow Co., Mount Vernon, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0193
- Emerald Coast Title LLC, Seaview, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0196
- Clallam Title Co., Port Angeles, Wash.; fined $250, order 19-0197
- First Nationwide Title Agency LLC, Uniondale, N.Y.; fined $250, order 19-0241
- Synergy Solutions and Brian Geary, Phoenix; ordered to cease and desist from acting as an adjuster, order 19-0334
- Oregon RIMS Chapter #37521, Portland, Ore.; fined $250, order 19-0268
About the Office
Kreidler’s office oversees Washington’s insurance industry to ensure that companies, agents and brokers follow state laws. Since 2001, Kreidler has assessed more than $28 million in fines, which are deposited in the state's general fund to pay for state services.
The Office of the Insurance Commissioner publishes disciplinary orders against companies, agents and brokers.
For an insurance question or complaint, contact Kreidler’s consumer advocates online or by phone at 800-562-6900.