April 18, 2013
OLYMPIA, Wash. – Fines and other enforcement actions issued by Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler so far in 2013 include:
Companies or other entities:
- American Income Life Insurance Co., Indianapolis, Ind.: Fined $75,000.
- National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Penn.: Fined $60,000.
- United Healthcare Insurance Co., Hartford, Conn.: Fined $10,000.
- American Family Mutual Insurance Co., Madison, Wisc.: Fined $10,000.
- Starr Indemnity & Liability Co., New York, NY: Fined $5,000.
- WFG National Title Co. of Washington, LLC, Bellevue: Fined $2,000.
- National Legal and Policy Center, Falls Church, Va.: Fined $1,000.
Agents and brokers whose licenses were revoked:
- Leticia S. Alvarez, Federal Way
- Michael J. Brown, Silverdale
- Priscilla G. Johnson, Tucson, Ariz. (also fined $1,000)
- Lordjer Lordjer, Seattle
- DWI of Tacoma, Inc., doing business as Dave Warner Insurance, Inc., Tacoma
- Michelle T. Simmons, Tacoma
- John R. Modispacher, Port Hadlock
- Shawina McGowan-Benjamin, Arlington, Texas
- John K. Ward, Edmonds
Agents and brokers fined:
- Erwin Erickson, Auburn: Fined $3,500.
- Todd Schnick, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho: Fined $2,500.
- Russell B. Chittock, Longview: Fined $2,000.
- Michael A. Porfirio, Spokane: Fined $2,000.
- Art E. Pagel, Centralia: fined $1,500.
- Columbia Title Agency LLC, Vancouver: Fined $750.
- Randy E. Boruff, Ephrata: Fined $750.
- Connie E. Cashion, Holliday, Texas: Fined $500.
- Danny Harlow, Ridgefield: Fined $500.
- Kerry Lynne Hauf, Rockford: Fined $500.
- Peter A. McCay, Bothell: Fined $500.
- Patrick S. McDonald, Dallas, Texas.: Fined $500.
- Amy K. Ringsage, Washougal: Fined $500.
- Shane W. Secord and Secord Agency, Seattle: Fined $500.
- Andrew Bishop, Auburn: Fined $500.
- Thomas G. Moncrief, Ephrata: Fined $250.
- John P. Roka, Mountlake Terrace: Fined $250.
- Julie L. Rasmussen, Moses Lake: Fined $100.
Cease and desist orders:
- Edmund C. Scarborough (Virginia), IBCS Group Inc. (Florida) and Walter W. Wolf (Spokane Valley)
- Timothy J. Young, Mike Carlton, USA Health Benefits Corp., United Senior Retirement Benefits, United Senior Association Benefits and United Alliance Group (La Jolla, Calif.)
- FNI Works Inc., doing business as Anchor Solutions, and James and Kathy Speer (Shoreline)
Orders and details about the cases are posted at https://fortress.wa.gov/oic/consumertoolkit/Search.aspx?searchtype=ord. This list also doesn’t include a $250,000 fine assessed against two insurers in January.
The fines collected do not go to the agency. They are deposited in the state's general fund to pay for other state services.
For an insurance question or complaint, please contact our consumer hotline staff at 1-800-562-6900 or by e-mailing us.
Consumers can also look up information on an agent or company or file a complaint 24/7 at the Office of the Insurance Commissioner website: www.insurance.wa.gov.
Release No. 13-14