There are several reasons why a rate or form filing may not be available online. Please read the explanations below if you received any of the following messages from the results of a search query. Please note the retention period for rate and form filings is eight years.
This icon typically means a filing is pending upload or the site may be experiencing technical difficulties. Please try your search again later or contact Public Records for verification.
"Imaged documents not available online"
This filing may be too large to download. Please contact the Public Records for verification.
"Not subject to public disclosure"
A filing may not be subject to public disclosure for a number of reasons:
- RCW 48.02.120(3) Actuarial formulas, statistics, and assumptions submitted in support of a rate or form filing by an insurer, health care service contractor, or health maintenance organization or submitted to the commissioner upon their request shall be withheld from public inspection in order to preserve trade secrets or prevent unfair competition.
- Scoring Models RCW 48.19.035(2)(a) ... All information filed under this subsection shall be considered trade secrets under RCW 48.02.120(3).
- P&C Rates RCW 48.19.040(5) A filing made pursuant to this chapter shall be exempt from the provisions of RCW 48.02.120(3). However, the filing and all supporting information accompanying it shall be open to public inspection only after the filing becomes effective.
- Provider Compensation Agreements are confidential and not subject to public inspection under RCW 48.02.120(2), or public disclosure under chapter 42.56 RCW, if filed in accordance with the procedures for submitting confidential filings through the system for electronic rate and form filings and the general filing instructions as set forth by the commissioner.
- For Grandfathered Individual and Small Group Health Plans Renewed on or after January 1, 2014 Per RCW 48.02.120(4), except for the numeric values of the small group rating factors as authorized by RCW 48.21.045(3)(a), RCW 48.44.023(3)(a), and RCW 48.46.066(3)(a) and unique new products specifically approved by the Commissioner, all individual and small group rate filings are subject to public inspection.
- For Non-grandfathered Individual and Small Group Health Plans offered, issued, or renewed on or after January 1, 2014 Per RCW 48.02.120(4) all non-grandfathered individual and small group rate filings are subject to public inspection.
- Title Insurance Rates & Forms RCW 48.29.147(9) A filing made under this section is exempt from RCW 48.02.120(3). However, the filing and all supporting information accompanying it, is open to public inspection only after the filing becomes effective.
- Non-public personal information contained in filing, such as a rate filing for long term care plans. The federal Gramm Leach Bliley Act, 15 U.S.C. 6801-6809, protects non-public personal information (NPI) of a financial institution customer from disclosure. See also Ameriquest Mortgage Co. v. Office of the Attorney General, 170 Wn. 2d 418 (2010).