The Balance Billing Protection Act establishes new requirements applicable to health carriers that offer coverage, and hospitals, ambulatory surgical facilities, laboratories and several types of health care providers who provide health care services in Washington state. Rules may be needed to define implementation processes and clarify terms related to several components of the new law. Such rules will facilitate implementation of the law by ensuring that all affected entities understand their rights and obligations under the law.
The BBPA rulemaking has two parts; one creates a new chapter, 284-43B, and the other revises an existing rule dealing with carrier and health care provider contracts.
- November 5, 2019 at 11:30 am
- Tumwater Office: 5000 Capitol Blvd SE. Tumwater, WA 98501
- Driving Directions to Tumwater Office
Second stakeholder draft released September 3, 2019
Stakeholder draft released August 1, 2019
- August 12, 2019 at 11:00 am
- Tumwater office: 5000 Capitol Blvd. SE, Tumwater, WA 98501
- Directions to the Tumwater office.
- Call-in option: 360-407-3780 - PIN Code: 734211# (Please be aware that the sound quality in large meetings like this can be challenging.)
Notice to start rulemaking
- The comment period for the CR-102 closed November 4, 2019.
- The comment period for the second stakeholder draft closed September 9, 2019.
- The comment period for the stakeholder draft closed August 16, 2019.
- The comment period for the CR-101 closed July 19, 2019.
- View submitted comments.