The Balance Billing Protection Act establishes new requirements applicable to health carriers that offer coverage, and hospitals, ambulatory surgical facilities, laboratories and several types of health care providers who provide health care services in Washington state. Rules may be needed to define implementation processes and clarify terms related to several components of the new law. Such rules will facilitate implementation of the law by ensuring that all affected entities understand their rights and obligations under the law.
Stakeholder draft released August 1, 2019
- August 12, 2019 at 11:00 am
- Tumwater office: 5000 Capitol Blvd. SE, Tumwater, WA 98501
- Directions to Tumwater office.
- Call-in option: (360) 407-3780 PIN Code: 734211 # (Please be aware that the sound quality in large meetings like this can be challenging.)
Notice to start rulemaking
- The comment period for the stakeholder draft is open until: August 16, 2019
- The comment period for the CR-101 is now closed.
- Submit comments to the rules coordinator.