Contacting us gets results
In 2015, we:
- Received and processed 6,130 consumer complaints, resulting in recovery of $9,142,210 related to insurance billings, refunds and various claim-handling issues.
- Answered 73,234 calls to our consumer hotline regarding insurance issues, rights and responsibilities.
- Responded to 4,870 written consumer inquiries.
- Mailed 2,290 insurance-related publications to consumers upon their request.
- Helped consumers resolve various policy issues, including claims, billing, and underwriting problems, and offered referral services to other state agencies and organizations, including the Washington Health Benefit Exchange.