What is pet insurance?
It’s insurance that may help pay for veterinary bills if your pet is hurt, sick or needs routine preventive care. Most plans cover dogs and cats. Some plans will cover other types of animals.
What to consider before you buy pet health insurance
- Shop and compare different policies and premiums.
- Make sure the pet insurer is licensed to do business in Washington state.
- Ask the pet health insurer these questions.
Read and review your policy
Be sure to look at:
- Coverage limits
Compare monthly or annual costs
- Find out if the policy limits payouts by incident, annually or your animal's lifetime.
- Policy costs vary based on the age and breed of your pet, and the amount and type of coverage you choose