"Roses and rah rahs to SHIBA. What a relief to have someone actually in my corner.”
Medicare prescription drug program
What is Medicare Part D?
Part D plans are an optional way for seniors age 65+ and people with disabilities to cover the cost of prescription drugs.
How to qualify for Part D
You must have or qualify for:
- Medicare hospital care insurance - Part A or
- Medicare doctor and outpatient care Insurance - Part B, or
- Both Part A and Part B.
Signing up for Part D is optional.
When can I join?
- If you already have Medicare, you can enroll in a Part D plan Oct. 15 through Dec. 7 of each year.
- During this time, you can change plans, drop plans or sign up.
- If you're turning age 65, you can join Part D in your Initial Enrollment Period.