Who sells it
Employer-related health insurance
You may be able to get coverage:
- As an employee from your employer;
- Through your spouse or domestic partner’s employer; or
- Through COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act).
Small business owner health insurance
You may be able to get coverage by buying:
Other health care coverage options
- Buy health care coverage directly from an insurance company for yourself or for your immediate family. Also, as of Oct. 1, you can buy health care coverage through the Washington Healthplanfinder (www.wahealthplanfinder.org).
- If health problems prevent you from buying an individual health plan, you may qualify for the Washington State Health Insurance Pool. Plans that start Jan. 1, 2014 or later can't ask health questions, and this is already in effect for children under 19.
- If you have kids, they may qualify for our state’s Apple Health for Kids (www.dshs.wa.gov) program.
- Join a professional association that provides health benefits to its members.
- If you're age 65, you can enroll in Medicare.