Long-term care insurance companies approved to sell in Washington state

*Companies also approved to sell Long Term Care Partnership policies on or after Jan. 1, 2012.

Company name Phone number
Bankers Life & Casualty Company* 800-621-3724
Country Life Insurance Company* 309-821-3000
CUNA Mutual Insurance Society 866-245-7133
Genworth Life Insurance Company* 888-436-9678
Great American Life Insurance Company 800-880-2745
John Hancock Life Insurance Company* 800-377-7311
Knights of Columbus 800-214-9825
LifeSecure Insurance Company* 866-582-7702
Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company* 888-505-8952
MedAmerica Insurance Company 800-544-0327
Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company* 800-268-6443
New York Life Insurance Company 800-224-4582
Northwestern Long Term Care Insurance Company 877-582-6582
Prudential Insurance Company of America (group plans only) 800-732-0416
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company* Contact a local agent
State Life Insurance Company 800-537-6442
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans* 800-847-4836
Transamerica Life Insurance Company* 800-338-0257
United of Omaha Life Insurance Company* 800-775-6000
United Security Assurance Company of Pennsylvania* 800-872-3044
United Teacher Associates Insurance Company 800-880-8824

Note to consumers:

  • Washington state laws took effect Jan. 1, 2009, to further protect consumers who buy long-term care insurance.
  • Before selling long-term care policies in Washington state, insurers must submit their policies to our office to make sure they meet the requirements of the laws.
  • Other insurers have sold approved long-term care policies in the past, but are not currently selling. These older policies are still in effect and insurers still honor them. If you have questions, call our Insurance Consumer Hotline at 800-562-6900.

Disclaimer: The appearance of a company on this list does not constitute an endorsement of it or its policies by the Office of the Insurance Commissioner, including our SHIBA program and its volunteers.

Note to carriers:  To update information on this page, please email Consumer Protection.

Updated 03/17/2015

See also

Need more help?