Things to consider before you start your appeal
What you can do when your insurer has denied your treatment or bill.
- Find out about the appeals process - What to expect if you decide to file an appeal.
- Identify your type of insurance coverage - Find out if you have a group, individual or government-sponsored plan.
- Which law does your plan follow? - Information about who regulates your plan.
- Information about state or federal plans - Appealing denials from Medicare, TRICARE, Apple Health for Kids and similar plans.
- Find out what the appeals process looks like if you have a non-grandfathered plan or a grandfathered plan.
Note: Whether or not you file an appeal, you may also want to file a complaint with our office. The appeals and complaint processes are different, and can take place simultaneously without affecting each other. If in doubt, you may want to try both avenues to resolve your issue.