Adding and changing lines of authority

You can add lines of authority to your producer license if you're adding an additional full line (life, disability, property, casualty or personal line) to an existing full-line license. You can also add variable or travel to an existing license.

Log into your account and select "Add Other Line(s)."

  • Residents business entity producer lines of authority should match the lines of authority of the DRLP on record.
  • Non-residents – Make sure we can verify your home-state lines of authority via the national producer database (NIPR) for both individual and business entity producer license.
  • There is no fee for adding additional full lines to a license.

You can't downgrade or upgrade your license online.

To add variable to a license

Log into your account and select "Add Variable Line."

Note: You may not use an individual CRD number to add the variable line to a business entity license.

To add travel to a license

Log into your account and select "Add Other Line(s)."

There is no fee for adding travel to your license.

Note: To be a designated responsible licensed person (DRLP) for a business entity licensed for travel, you must have travel on your individual license

Updated 04/21/2014

See also

Need more help?