PLE procedures and records
Here are some common procedural and record-keeping rules for PLE providers.
Certificate of Completion
Issue a PLE course Certificate of Completion to a student within two business days after the course is completed.
Distribute course evaluation forms to students after the coursed is completed and review the evaluations with the program director and instructors.
Submitting a roster
Send monthly rosters to the OIC by the fifteenth day of the following month.
PLE Provider renewal
A renewal notice will be mailed about 40 days before the provider expiration date. The provider must return the renewal notice before the provider expiration date. The renewal notice includes the program director, instructors and approved courses.
Notify the OIC at least 10 days prior to a change of:
- Contact information
- Course tuition fees
- Program director
Disclose to students:
- Course tuition fee
- Referral, rebate and refund policy
- Prohibited examination behavior
- Licensing requirements
Providers must keep all records for at least three years from the date the record was created. PLE providers must maintain the following records:
- Provider, program director, instructor and course applications,
- Provider-approval letter,
- Provider renewal letters,
- Student registration/enrollment form,
- Attendance register - if lecture. Documenting at least 20 hours of study,
- Study log - if self-study. Documenting at least 20 hours of study,
- Certificate of completion, with course information and authorized signature,
- Course evaluations completed by students,
- Course materials,
- Instructor lesson plan for each lecture course,
- Tuition account records including, rebates, referrals and refunds,
- Monthly attendance rosters,
- Correspondence related to PLE courses,
- Provider personnel records including background check.
Exam pass/fail ratio report
This report shows pass rates of license candidates who have completed an insurance exam. Statistics are indicated for PLE providers and their instructors. Email our education analyst to request a copy of this report.
Our exam pass rates (by school) web page displays a small portion of this report.