Surplus lines broker - individual non-resident

A person licensed to sell insurance products for insurance carriers that are not admitted in Washington state. See RCW 48.15.070 (

Non-resident applicants may use either OIC's website or go through National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR)(

You can also review the fees for your license category.

To obtain a surplus lines license:

Apply for your license online.

Surplus line policy data must be submitted to the Surplus Line Association of Washington ( on a monthly basis.

Updated 07/30/2014

See also

Need more help?