Producer license - individual non-resident

A producer is a person licensed to sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance. See RCW 48.17.010 (

In Washington state, the health line of authority is referred to as "disability." The following terms all mean the same thing:

  • Health
  • Disability
  • Accident/sickness

Follow the steps below to complete the online application for your type of license. Note: All licensing processes must be completed online. 

Non-resident applicants may use either OIC's website or go through National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR)(

You can also review the fees for your license category.

Full lines: life, disability (health), property, casualty or personal lines

Apply for your license online.

Limited lines: surety or credit

Apply for your license online. 

Updated 07/30/2014

See also

Need more help?