Rental-car agent - business entity non-resident
Rental-car agents are licensed to offer, sell or solicit rental car insurance. See RCW 48.115.005 (www.app.leg.wa.gov).
To apply for a rental-car agent license, submit all the following forms and materials:
- Uniform application for business-entity insurance license. Request form via email.
- Uniform appointment form (one appointment is required). Request form via email.
- Insurer certification for rental car agent - RCA1 (PDF, 18KB).
- Rental car agent authorized endorsees - RCA2 (PDF, 27KB).
- Rental car agent premium handling authority - RCA3 (PDF, 17KB) Use this form if you don't have a fiduciary relationship.
- Copies of the brochure or other written materials available where car-rental insurance is sold.
- Copies of training and education program materials.
The commissioner may waive or accept alternate arrangements for this requirement. To be considered, send a written request to:
Licensing and Education
Office of the Insurance Commissioner
P.O. Box 40257
Olympia, WA 98504-0257, or
Email Producer Licensing and Oversight
Special requirements for corporations, LLCs and firms:
|For corporations or LLCs||For firms|
File your trade name with the Business Licensing Service (www.bls.dor.wa.gov). Call 360-664-1400.
Please make check payable to: Washington State Insurance Commissioner. You may combine all fees on one check.
License fee for two years:
- With 49 or fewer employees: $130
- With 50 or more employees: $375
- Appointment fee: $20/each underwriting insurer*
- Location fee: $35/each additional location**
*Do not pay this fee to us if your carrier is submitting electronically.
**Not required if there are no endorsees due to waiver or approved alternate arrangements.