UCAA Primary application (Domestic insurers)
The primary application to the Uniform Certificate of Authority Application (UCAA) is designed for use in the formation of a new insurer, or by an existing domestic insurer that is making application to redomesticate to another state.
How to apply
All primary applications may be filed using the NAIC Uniform Certificate of Authority Application (UCAA) (www.naic.org).
State specific requirements:
- A solicitation permit must be completed by any person forming or proposing to form an insurer or insurance holding corporation in this state. Please see solicitation permit, application for solicitation permit, and fee schedule (www.leg.wa.gov).
- Minimum capital and surplus requirements (www.leg.wa.gov).
- Biographical affidavit requirements
- A qualifying financial exam will be completed prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Authority to an insurer forming in this state. Please see examination of insurers, bureaus (www.leg.wa.gov).
- Filing fees (PDF, 258KB) (www.naic.org)