Avoid insurance scams
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
Here are some tips to help avoid becoming a victim of insurance scams:
- Make sure the company and agent are licensed to do business in Washington state.
- Research before you sign up for anything. If you are unsure, call us at 800-562-6900.
- Ask your friends if they're happy with their insurance agent or company.
- If coverage seems too cheap, be suspicious!
- With health insurance policies, be cautious if there aren't many questions about your health, or the coverage is referred to as "stop-loss" insurance.
- Only buy state-licensed products. If an agent tries to sell you an Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) or union plan, call us right away.
If you think you're a victim of an insurance scam or someone tried to sell you a suspicious plan, report it to us immediately at 800-562-6900.