"Your office is great! Every time I have contacted anyone there, I have gotten a quick response and answers to all my questions."
What you need to know before you file a complaint
We answer hundreds of insurance questions every day. If you’re not sure if we can help you, call our toll-free Insurance Consumer Hotline at 800-562-6900.
What we can do:
- Send your complaint to the insurance company and require them to provide an explanation for their actions.
- Review the company’s response to make sure they followed Washington state laws and your policy.
- Tell the company to fix the problem if they didn’t follow the laws or your policy.
- Try to find patterns of problems that may need further reviewing.
- Try to help fix your insurance problem or help you and the company communicate with one another.
- Help you understand your insurance policy.
- Recommend places you can go for help if we don’t have the legal right to resolve it.
What we can’t do:
- Act as your lawyer or give you legal advice.
- Make medical judgments or determine if further treatment is necessary.
- Make liability decisions or determine who is at fault.
- Establish the facts surrounding a claim (for example: who is being truthful when there are differing accounts of what happened, or he said/she said situations).
- Determine the value of a claim, the amount owed to you, or act as your adjuster.
- Address issues we can’t legally enforce.
- Tell a company to pay a claim, refund a premium, or reinstate or issue a policy (if they followed the law and your policy).